Observations

Friday, August 25, 2006

effort to remember, effort to build up

It’s bigger than we thought
It’s taller than it ought to be
This pile of rubble and ruins

The neighbors must talk
It’s the worse yard on the block
Just branches and boards where walls stood

Did it seem to you
Like the storm just knew
We weren’t quite finished with
The roof when it started?

So we build
We build
We clear away what was
And make room for what will be
If you hold the nails,
I’ll take the hammer
I’ll hold it still
if you’ll climb the ladder
If you will, then I will build

On any given day
We could simply walk away
And let someone else
Hold the pieces

The lie that we tell
Says its better somewhere else
As if love flies south when it freezes

What I’m trying to say
in some clumsy way
Is that it’s you and only you for always

That’s why we build . . .

What I’m trying to say
in some clumsy way
Is that it’s you and only you

Not just for now, not just for today
But it’s you and only you for always

So if you hold the nails . . .

If you will, then I will build. -

“We Build” on BraveBy Nicole Nordeman
-----------------

If I was to organize how we interact, things would be different: Regular conversations whether we felt we need them or not.

-----------------
Sonnet 29 "When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes"
When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf Heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featur'd like him, like him with friends possess'd,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least:

Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee,--and then my state
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven's gate;

For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings'.

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)http://www.albionmich.com/inspiration/whenindisgrace.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home