Observations

Friday, August 25, 2006

August 14

I have been [captivated by] community longer than I realized. Track in 7th grade, kindergarten tire-toy-structure hierarchy, 5th grade mind games competition, mission trip, college band, Newlin4, Newberg small group, pain of irreconciliation, co-hort group.

As my heart hurts now, I remember how often I have hurt yours and how often you have been careful and patient to put up with my own anger and rebellion. It is your turn, I suppose. Or rather, mine. May God give me the desire and will to love as I have been loved.

Today a neighbor I’ve talked with only once before (Halloween when I was a child) stopped by to buy some corn. He and his family have lived behind my house since before I was born. But we are different. I didn’t recognize him or his car. If I had, I might have stopped cranking ice cream. As it was we chatted a bit while I sent Shreela to fetch mom and her corn selling advice. Mom says he’s stopped by before. I didn’t know we were on talking terms. This is so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home