Observations

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cohort Blind Poetry

A Teacher’s Journey

My hopes as a teacher are beginning to come clear
for me to be compassionate, authentic, and having good cheer
and students whose creative passions take soar
With anticipation and a little fear
We began our journey: a wild year
With hopeful goals and dreams galore

Pain reflecting in the mirror,

Holding fast to all that's dear,

Hearts made whole that once were tore.

To my heart I will hold dear,
This time I spent in such high gear,
My memories fond forever more

The care of teachers and classmates so dear
Has made a quick start to this intense year
To teach, we now see, is a life metaphor
Laugh not yet; the coast ain't clear
For 9 more months we’re fastened here
Two more trimesters 'til this baby's born
Who is ready for next year?
With expectations high, no room for fear.
One hundred twenty young ones greeted at the door.
Can I? Should I? Will they hear?
Can I make that light appear?
Will they remember me on some distant shore?
Will my students giggle and sneer when they learn I’ve been teaching not even a year?
Will they sense and turn on my fear, knowing they've got me all year?
Or, will they just walk out the door, their papers falling dead on the floor?
As the Summer term is drawing near,
The coming Fall brings a twinge of fear
But we will all go boldly through this new door
Never forgetting the purpose of this year
Teaching children oh so dear
The students we do it all for
And our students, with great cheer,
Announce, "Teacher, we are here."
The joy drowns out the feelings from before.
Blind Poetry by Donna’s
2006-2007 GFU MAT Cohort,
collected in weeks 5 and 6
Thanks, Gabe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home